Update #3 Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Noah Gomes

 My time with the Vermont Agency of Agriculture and the Aedes Albopictus survey/surveillance has come to an end. It has truly been a wonderful experience. I have learned so much and grown even more as a person. In the past few weeks, I continued my Aedes Albopcitus surveillance and route throughout Vermont. I then picked up all the traps and cleaned them back at the laboratory when the survey came to a conclusion. I was also able to conduct a tick drag in an area that we thought may have an Asian Longhorned Tick. Although we did not find any, I was able to find the only tick of the day, out of 5 of us conducting drags (although it was a Black-legged tick). I am so grateful to have had this experience this summer and am forever grateful to the Vermont Vector-Borne team. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yuliia Skrypniuk - Week 10 with DNREC Fish and Wildlife Division

Joseph Fiscella: Week 10 at Suffolk County Vector Control

Joseph Fiscella: Week 9 at Suffolk County Vector Control